Friday, January 22, 2010

Bussin' aint easy

Okay well it pretty much is. I've been bussing it for the past two weeks, except for one or two days when I needed to run errands after work.
 
It's not so bad.
 
I mean there's a bit of a psychological barrier leaving to walk two blocks instead of just right out front and in the car. But once you get over that it's not a bad thing, it's a bit liberating actually. I can walk where I want instead of where the road tells me I can. I notice a lot more now as well. There's houses around that aren't well kept, people who leave at the same time every day, dogs let out and well I'm just sounding creepy now.
 
The same people are on the bus each day. There's the creepy old lady, the Scottish immigrant with his Asian immigrant side kick. The gangster girl who landed a decent job and makes appointments on her Blackberry all morning. The ratty school age girl who listens to Justin Timberlake declare he's bringing sexy back all too loud
 
It takes about 20 minutes longer, but I catch up on my email on the way. I get what work I can done on the way and I catch up with other early birds through SMS.
 
Gas consumption has dropped signifigantly. Where I was putting in $35-$40 a week, now I'm popping in maybe $20 a payday. And I've switched it to pleasure insurance saving about $240 a month. Add in $75 for the monthly pass, $64 after the tax credit, its a bit of a savings.
 
It's nice being able to meet up with Sarah and hang out after work, it's cool running into people.
 
Bus for the win.

0 comments:

Followers